Hello, my name is Ashley Hocking. I am a 22-year-old pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Journalism with an emphasis in News and Information at the University of Kansas. I am also minoring in Global & International Studies. I am a photographer and copy editing intern at the Lawrence Journal-World. I am the Executive Vice President of Alpha Delta Pi sorority and the Vice President of the Order of Omega Greek honor society.
During the summer of 2016, I did a study abroad internship in London, England. I was a photography intern at Walk & Create Ltd, a branding, digital communication, and creative content production agency.
I plan to pursue a career in photojournalism upon graduation. My dream job is to one day be a photojournalist for National Geographic Magazine.
You can contact me at email@example.com.
Previous publication experience:
- During my senior year of high school, I was the Editor-In-Chief of the Lawrence High School newspaper, which is based in Lawrence, Kansas.
- As a sophomore in college, I was the Executive Producer for Greek TV, a student-run broadcast television show about Greek life at KU.
- As a college sophomore, I was also a reporter for KUJH news, a student-produced broadcast television show at KU.
- During the summer of 2016, I did a study abroad internship in London, England at Walk & Create, a creative branding agency.
- As a junior in college, I was a photographer and the copy chief for the University Daily Kansan newspaper.
- During the summer of 2017, I was a freelance photographer for the Lawrence Journal World.
- As a senior in college, I was a photographer and the copy editing intern at the Lawrence Journal World.
Written about me: “Class of 2014’s life and times recorded by student journalists”